- Publish Date: 23-08-2019 / 1:57 AM
- Category : Weight Loss Diet & Exercise
Workouts to lose weight at home – beginner workouts: When you are already overweight or even obese, you need to minimize the strain on your joints. Exercising is essential to losing weight, but you must limit yourself to low-impact movements—especially as a beginner and an overweight person.
To help you achieve your weight loss goal, here are a series of proven low-impact weight loss workout routines to lose weight faster for beginners at home. These seven low-impact workouts to lose weight at home are all it will take. But, of course, that should include eating a balanced and nutritious diet.
Caution! You do not have to do all workouts at a time. However, it is good to master them and do at least four to five exercises each time. Below is a list of routine beginner workouts to lose weight at home.
1. Wall Push-Ups
- Stand a significant step away from a solid wall.
- Hold your arms up at chest height and keep your palms pressing on the wall.
- Slowly bend your elbows so you are using your body to push against the wall.
- Push yourself back up to the original position.
- Keep doing this for 1 minute.
2. Kicking Lunges – good beginner workouts to Lose Weight
- Stand on the floor with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Keep your hands on your hips to help keep you stable.
- Step back with your right foot and lower yourself into a lunge.
- Hold this position for about 2 seconds before lifting yourself back up.
- Still using your right leg, kick forward.
- Lower yourself back down, and then keep alternating a back lunge and a front kick for 30 seconds.
- Repeat the same exercise for the left side.
3. High Steps
- Stand on the floor with your feet around shoulder-width apart.
- Stretch your arms straight out in front of you.
- Bend your right knee, lifting it to touch your right palm.
- Lower your right knee back down so you are back at the starting position.
- Repeat the same movement for the left side.
- Keep alternating between your right and left sides for 1 minute.
4. Bird Dogs – part of excellent weight loss workout routines you should do often
- On a mat, get on your hands and knees.
- Make sure that your hands and knees are around shoulder-width apart.
- Keep your head neutral. Do not tuck it in close to your chest but do not lift it either.
- Slowly stretch out your right arm so it is parallel to the floor. At the same time, stretch out your left leg behind you.
- Hold this position for 5 seconds before lowering your arm and leg back down to the starting position.
- Repeat the same movement for the left arm and right leg.
- Keep shuffling between the two sides for 1 minute.
Indeed, bird dogs should be a part of any weight loss workout routines, whether you are a beginner and obese person or not. It is an impactful low-impact workout that works.
Bird dogs are indeed one of the best low-impact beginner workouts to lose weight at home for beginners—a sensible cardio workout for weight loss for beginners at home. This is the type of home workout that anybody can easily do to lose weight, even if you’re obese.
5. Leg Raises
- Lie on a mat with your arms at your sides and legs closed.
- Using your abdomen as your source of strength, lift your legs as high as possible, up to a 90-degree angle from the floor.
- Then, slowly lower your legs until they are around 5 inches from the floor.
- Slowly lift your legs back up.
- Keep lowering and lifting your legs for 1 minute to help strengthen your core and lose your belly fat.
6. Bridge – perfect workouts to lose weight at home
- Lie on a mat with your knees bent, and feet firmly planted on the mat.
- Keep your arms at your sides to help support you.
- Slowly lift your butt off the mat for as high as you can.
- Hold the peak of your movement for around 2 seconds before lowering your butt back down.
- Do this as many times as you can for 1 minute.
7. Straight Arm Plank – make this a part of your workout for weight loss for beginners
- On a mat, start in a lowered push-up position. You should be facing the floor with your hands touching the mat around the area of your chest.
- Push yourself up so that your arms are locked straight and your body is a stiff incline.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds.
Final thoughts on workout to lose weight at home, beginner workouts at home
This workout plan to lose weight may not be easy to start for everybody; however, anybody can do them with ease with practice. Do these 7 low-impact workouts to lose weight at home at least 5 times a week to achieve the best results. When done right, these weight loss workout routines will help you lose weight and, at the same time, minimize the stress on your knees and other joints.
No workout regimen is perfect, but most will work when done right with consistency. So, for this workout for weight loss for beginners to work, you must be consistent, plus, make sure you are eating a nutritious and balanced diet.
I hope these beginners’ workouts to lose weight faster inspire you and help get you motivated to lose weight. Thank you for reading, and best of luck to you! And those are your tips on workouts to lose weight at home – beginner workouts at-home regimen.