- Publish Date: 08-03-2021 / 2:42 AM
- Category : Weight Loss Diet & Exercise
Workouts for love handles – how to get rid of love handles: Love handles are not exclusive to people with excessive fat. Even individuals without weight issues can suffer from these unsightly bulges that affect many people’s shape and silhouette.
Thankfully, there are developed methods and workouts for love handles—proven and straightforward exercises on how to get rid of love handles. These simple but challenging exercises can be done anywhere. And the best part, you do not need any equipment for these love handles workouts—except, of course, an exercise mat.
Below are six proven love handles workouts, detailing step-by-step on how to get rid of love handles.
- Kneel on a mat and stretch your left leg out to your side, so it makes a straight line from your torso to the mat.
- Hold your right arm straight up.
- Slowly bend at your waist towards your right side. Try to go as low as you can without lifting your left foot.
- Go back to your starting position and repeat 15 times.
- Do the same for the opposite side.
Candlestick dipper is one of the best perfect workouts for love handles because it is Calisthenics and Pilates exercise called muffin top killer exercise because of its effectiveness in busting belly fat. When performed with precision, this exercise not only targets but effectively works on your abs and lower back as well.
- Lie on your back with your hands clasped together behind your head.
- Raise your knees and keep your feet off the floor.
- Bend your upper body and knees simultaneously so that your right elbow meets your left knee.
- Go back to the original position.
- Do the same for the left elbow and right knee.
- Keep alternating sides until you’ve done 30 in total (15 per side).
- Sit on a mat with your knees bent and feet slightly lifted from the ground.
- Tilt your upper body backward and keep your hands clasped together, close to your chest.
- Twist from side to side.
- Keep twisting from one side to the other until you have reached 30 (15 per side).
Russian twists are a great love handles workouts because it targets the obliques. This exercise works even better with some weight in your hands—something like a dumbbell or anything with weight. With extra weight, you will get real obliques workouts, plus you will burn a lot of calories also, which helps with muscle building.
Mountain Climbers – good workouts on how to get rid of love handles
- Lie face down on a mat and then push yourself up with your hands just below your shoulders.
- Keep your toes on the mat as if you are about to do a push-up.
- While keeping your arms steady, bend your right knee towards your chest.
- Go back to the original position.
- Do the same with your left knee.
- Keep alternating sides until you have done 30 in total (15 per side).
Windshield Wipers – real love handles workouts
- Lie on your back with your arms outstretched at your sides.
- Lift both your legs, so they are extended straight up, making a 90-degree angle from the floor.
- Keeping your core engaged, slowly move both legs down to your side, imitating the movement of windshield wipers on a car.
- Move your legs down the other side.
- Keep moving from one side to the other until you have done 15 per side.
- On a mat, lie on your right side and hold yourself up using your right forearm.
- Keep your right foot on the mat with the left foot resting on top of it. Your left arm should be resting along your torso.
- Keep yourself stiff in a straight line.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds before doing the same thing for the left side.
Side planks are one of the best workouts for love handles because it engages the whole body. When done correctly and the perfect form hold is extended, these exercises will help reduce your love handles.
Final thoughts on workouts for love handles
As you probably already know, love handles workouts such as crunches, mountain climbers, etc., are not enough to eliminate the fat located at the sides of the abdomen alone. A big part of any successful weight reduction regimen must involve a healthy diet. What you eat matters a lot when it comes to how to get rid of love handles.
When effective workouts for love handles described above are used, coupled with low fat and high fiber diets, you will see measurable results in no time. So, as good as these love handles workouts are, do not depend on them alone to achieve your results; give them a boost by eating right and avoiding junk and fattening foods.
Thanks for reading, and good luck to you! And those are tips on how to get rid of love handles with workouts at home.