- Publish Date: 16-08-2021 / 1:43 AM
- Category : Health & Wellness
Dealing with mold fungus in your home: Signs and symptoms of mold in your house: Do you know that mold is extremely dangerous for you as an adult, but more importantly, even more, hazardous for your children? Why, because it could damage your young children permanently.
Inhaling mold spores by children does not only cause chronic lung diseases and allergies; it could lead to death in some cases. In this article, we will share with you 10 warning signs of mold in a home you should watch out for and prevent them from your home.
Black mold is not only unsightly and a severe cause of rot in your home. It could also be responsible for severe health issues among you and your family. If you have mold at home, please make sure you address it right away. The problem, however; is, that mold fungi are not always visible. That is why it is crucial to be familiar with the 10 warning signs of mold in your house—the actual danger of mold fungus toxicity in your home.
Following are 10 signs and symptoms of mold in your house. Pay attention to understand them, their dangers, and how you should tackle them should you sense any in your home.
1) Your house has a history of flooding
If there has been flooding in your home, whether from a natural disaster or a burst pipe, there is a big chance that you have developed molds. These are not always visible, so it might be a clever idea to seek professional help to be sure.
Mold fungus can quickly build up and spread in areas where you have water damage. So, pay attention because those are obvious signs of mold in a home that you should anticipate when you have water damage of any kind.
2) When you are constantly sick – possible signs of mold in your house
When you are always sick for no apparent reason, that is a positive sign that you are exposed to mold fungus toxicity. Those who are more sensitive may experience persistent flu-like symptoms. Often, this will include dry coughing, nasal congestion, and sore throat.
3) You always feel tired
One of the most common yet overlooked signs of mold fungus toxicity is fatigue and weakness. Due to mold exposure, you might experience inflammation in your joints and muscles. You could also have aches and pains and will feel the urge to rest constantly. You might also feel drowsy as your body tries to fight off toxins.
When you often feel this way, it is one of the obvious signs of mold in a home, and you should act quickly to address it.
4) Your eyes are constantly irritated – signs you may be suffering from mold fungus toxicity
Black mold exposure causes itchy eyes. When the exposure is constant or repeated, you might suffer from conjunctivitis. When you noticed that your eyes are often red, irritated, or even watery, you should want to check on whether you have a mold problem at home.
Constantly irritated eyes are one of the signs and symptoms of mold in your house.
5) You have trouble concentrating – often signs of mold in a home
In most severe cases, exposure to black mold can affect cognitive function. You will notice that it is hard for you to focus or that you are often disoriented. Often in such a case, you might find that you have difficulty remembering even simple things.
6) You have trouble breathing
Trouble breathing is one of the more severe signs of mold in a home. Mold fungus toxicity has severe effects on the respiratory system. Most people exposed to molds might find that they often have trouble breathing. If you have asthma, you might observe that you are getting attacks more often.
This can be dangerous and life-threatening, one of the signs and symptoms of mold in your house to pay close attention to.
7) You have digestive issues
Signs of mold in your house is not often associated with digestive issues, but it does happen on occasion. Mold exposures are likely to affect your digestion, especially if you unwittingly consume it. Among the most common signs of mold fungus toxicity in your home are vomiting and nausea. In some cases, you will suffer from diarrhea as a way for your body to flush out ingested toxins.
8) You see dark spots in your walls and ceilings
This is often one of the signs of mold in a home that most people recognize once they see it. Dark spots in your walls and ceilings can be a sure sign of molds. Depending on the surface, you might be able to get away with wiping it away and treating the area with mold-killing products. However, for wood or bare drywall, you will need to replace the surfaces thoroughly.
9) You notice a musty smell
In most cases, you will be able to determine the presence of mold through smell. Many people liken the scent to damp rags or wet socks. The musty smell is not what mold smells like. Instead, it is an indicator of dampness, which is a common cause of mold growth. Though these apparent signs of mold in your house are easily recognized more than other signs; however, it is the most to be ignored. Some people think that there are no issues left once the area is dried up and the dampness is gone.
10) You notice condensation in your windows
Signs of mold in a home can sometimes be observed by condensation in your windows. If you often observe condensation in your windows despite the weather and temperature, that is a good indicator of excess humidity in your home. Usually, that will cause the growth of molds.
Final thoughts on signs and symptoms of mold in your house
These 10 warning signs of mold in a home are often the apparent indicator of mold fungus toxicity in your home. There are other signs and symptoms of mold in a home, but the ten above are the most serious and often the most obvious.
Signs of mold in your house are not always apparent, but most can be spotted as quickly as the mold fungi started—and most people should be able to identify the problem. If you experience any of these, it is time to engage the services of a professional to deal with this grave issue. Or you risk developing chronic illness among you and your family.
Thank you for reading, and best of luck to you! And those are the 10 signs and symptoms of mold in your house.