- Publish Date: 04-01-2019 / 2:29 PM
- Category : Health & Wellness
Home remedies for cough – home remedies for cough and cold: Cough is a common health issue that occurs when your throat or upper air passages are irritated. This is your body’s response when your brain thinks there is a foreign object in your throat that needs to be removed.
Cough can be caused by viruses and bacteria pathogens. The most common causes are the common cold, flu, and other respiratory tract infections. Because this health problem comes with adverse symptoms, natural home remedies for cough and cold are often needed.
Common cough symptoms are itchiness in the throat, chest pains, and feelings of congestion—most often, chest pains and congestions mean that you have probably developed cough and cold.
Often people who experience this typically look for over-the-counter medicine or homemade cough remedies. The reason people look for homemade coughing remedies is two-fold, easily accessible, and cheaper to acquire. Around the world, most families rely heavily on homemade cough remedies to treat their families—often due to lack of resources or because of what they knew works the best.
In this article, we will discuss 3 of the most effective natural home remedies for cough. These are the type of home remedies for cough and cold that anybody can make at home using readily available ingredients for homemade cough remedies at home.
Turmeric – Start Your Home Remedies for Cough Treatment With Turmeric
Turmeric is one of the best natural home remedies for cough that is remarkably effective for dry cough. To prepare your homemade cough remedies from home using turmeric, follow these procedures:
- Heat 1 half cup of water in a pot.
- Add a teaspoon of turmeric powder and a teaspoon of black pepper. Bring this to a boil for 2 to 3 minutes. (You can also include cinnamon sticks if you want.)
- Add a tablespoon of honey and drink daily until your cough is gone.
- Pour one cup of water into a pot.
- Add a teaspoon of turmeric powder and a teaspoon of carom seeds.
- Bring this to a boil until the liquid is about a half cup left.
- Add honey and drink twice or thrice daily.
If turmeric root is available instead of turmeric powder, you can also roast it and then grind until it becomes powder. Combine the resulting smooth powder with water and honey and drink it twice daily.
Because this fruit is rich in Vitamin C, it is considered one of the most effective natural home remedies for cough and cold. For natural homemade cough remedies that are effective for fighting infections and minimizing inflammation, lemon works well. There are a variety of ways you can use lemon to treat cough. The two most effective methods are as follows:
- Create a natural cough syrup by mixing 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice with a tablespoon of honey. Consume several times daily until your condition improves.
- Blend freshly squeezed lemon juice with honey and a bit of cayenne pepper. Drink this daily.
Ginger – Ginger for Your Natural Home Remedies for Cough and Cold Treatment
For your homemade coughing remedies that soothe and tame the rough coughs, Ginger is your best bet. Ginger can soothe your throat, suppress coughing, and provide relief from pain. You can use Ginger as a natural cough remedy by doing these steps:
- Slice fresh Ginger into tiny pieces and crush them.
- Add the Ginger in one cup of water in a pot and boil for a few minutes.
- Drink this around 3 to 4 times per day to get relief from congestion or constant coughing.
Note: To improve the taste, you can also add lemon juice and a bit of honey.
Alternatively, you can carry your natural home remedies for cough and cold with you wherever you go by chewing on raw Ginger. When you are on the go, you can take with you a few sticks of Ginger roots throughout the day and chew on them as needed until your symptoms improve.
Final thoughts on home remedies for cough and cold:
The best thing about these all-natural home remedies for cough and cold is that they can effectively provide relief from your cough symptoms without inducing adverse side effects. Compared to cough syrups and pills or tablets, these homemade coughing remedies are safe and inexpensive.
However, if your cough symptoms did not improve within 2 weeks, even after trying these natural home remedies for cough, it is recommended that you seek help with a medical professional. These homemade cough remedies majority of the time will take care of your cough and cold within days.
However, when the issues persist, your condition could be more than a cough—chances are you may have some underlying medical problems that require serious medical attention. So, in that case, seek medical help as soon as possible before the matter gets worse.
Good luck to you! And those are your tips for natural home remedies for cough and cold solutions.