- Publish Date: 20-08-2022 / 4:33 PM
- Category : Health & Wellness
Meal prep ideas for bodybuilding: Given that proteins serve as the building blocks of muscle, it is no wonder why most people believe that a bodybuilder’s diet should be composed primarily of meat and other protein sources. In truth, you need a good balance of proteins, carbohydrates, and fat when trying to bulk up—so your healthy recipes for meal prep should include all the above.
Protein supports the development of your muscle tissue, while carbohydrates allow you to sustain your energy. On the other hand, fats help lubricate your joints and support other processes vital to muscle building. Keep in mind that there are several recipes you can prepare beforehand to make sure you always have access to well-balanced meals.
Always prep your recipes for bodybuilding ahead of time, that way, you can spend less time cooking and more time lifting. Though preparing your meal ahead of time plays no significant role in how effective your meal will be. However, it allows you time to concentrate on working out and lifting weight.
Here are some recipes for meal prep ideas suitable for a bodybuilder’s diet—the most effective and healthy recipes for bodybuilders:
Breakfast Burritos – healthy recipes for bodybuilding
These are perfect for breakfast but also suitable for any meal of the day. When looking for recipes for bodybuilding or recipes for bodybuilders that will sustain your hunger and still help you bulk up, breakfast burritos are one of them.
What you need:
- 8 pcs. Tortillas
- 2 cups Tater Tots, fried
- 8 Breakfast Sausages, cooked and crumbled
- 8 Eggs, scrambled and cooked
- 1 can of Refried Beans
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cilantro, chopped
What you will do:
- Spread refried beans down the center of each tortilla.
- Add tater tots, crumbled sausage, and eggs.
- Top with cheese, tomatoes, and fresh cilantro.
- Fold tortillas on opposite sides and roll them up like burritos.
- Place burritos on a baking sheet, seam-side down.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 15 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature before storing in the freezer.
- Microwave for 1-2 minutes when it is time for a meal.
Ground Chicken Fajita Bowls – excellent recipes for bodybuilders
These chicken bowls include rice and vegetables, making a perfect lunch for healthy meal prep ideas for bodybuilding. So, count this as one of your top recipes for meal prep.
What you need:
- 4 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 cup Bell Peppers, sliced
- 2 medium Onions, sliced
- 4 oz. Ground Chicken
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Cumin
- 1 Tbsp. Paprika
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 4 cups Brown Rice, cooked
- 2 cups Cherry Tomatoes
What you will do:
- Take a skillet and heat the olive oil over medium flame.
- Stir fry the bell peppers and onions until cooked through before setting them aside.
- Using the same skillet, cook the ground chicken and season with salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, and chili powder.
- Once the chicken is cooked, set it aside.
- Distribute rice, bell peppers, onions, chicken, and cherry tomatoes equally between 6-8 sealable containers.
- Allow food to cool before storing them in the refrigerator.
- Then when you are ready to eat, microwave for 1-2 minutes.
Beef, Broccoli, and Rice – top recipes for meal prep ideas
Beef and Broccoli is a tasty and nutritious meal you can enjoy for dinner but is suitable at any time of the day. There are simple, healthy recipes for bodybuilding.
What you will need:
- 4 + 2 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 1/3 cup Water
- 2 pounds of Beef Strips
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 inches Ginger, minced
- 1 cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 6 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- Florets from 1 head Broccoli
- 1 large Onion, sliced
What you will do:
- In a bowl, combine 4 tablespoons of cornstarch with water.
- Add the beef strips to the bowl and toss to coat all pieces. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the remaining cornstarch with Garlic, Ginger, soy sauce, and brown sugar. Set aside.
- Using a skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Stir fry the beef until just cooked and remove from the pan.
- Stir fry the Broccoli with the onions until cooked.
- Place the beef back in the pan and pour the sauce over it.
- Continue stir-frying until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool before separating into 6-8 sealable containers and storing it in the refrigerator.
- To enjoy, heat the microwave for 1-2 minutes and serve over cooked wild rice.
Concluding thoughts on meal prep ideas for bodybuilding
There you have it, your best recipes for meal prep ideas when trying to bulk up. There are excellent recipes for bodybuilding and healthier recipes for bodybuilders who are serious. These healthy recipes for bodybuilding were explicitly designed to provide bodybuilders with the nutrition they need to support their athletic endeavors.
They are easy to prepare and keep well in the fridge or freezer. By prepping these, you will always have healthy, balanced meals. Thank you for reading, and best of luck to you. And those are your meal prep ideas for bodybuilding—you can count on healthy recipes.