Meal plans for weight loss and muscle gain: Losing weight and building muscle is not entirely dependent on exercise. A considerable part of your success will depend on your diet. To lose weight and build muscles, we’ve 7 meal plans for weight loss and muscle gain that can help anybody. These meal plans will not only help you lose weight fast but will make it possible to gain muscle at the same time.
There is one meal plan for each day of the week. So, you can focus on exercising without worrying about counting calories and balancing nutrition.
Before diving into the meal plans, there are a few things you need to understand about weight loss and muscle gain nutrition. Here are three facts based on scientific research; understanding them will help you with your weight loss goal in the long run.
- Diets that are low in carbohydrates are more effective for weight loss than low-fat diets. Many studies have proven this. A 2009 study done by researchers from the University of Connecticut’s Department of Kinesiology confirmed this theory.
- Protein is essential to muscle gain, so make sure you load up on it to support your weightlifting efforts. Protein isn’t only the building block of muscle. According to a study published by the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition in 2009, a high protein diet helps boost metabolism and, therefore, aids in weight loss as well.
- Good fats such as those found in coconuts and avocados are essential to losing weight and building muscle. In fact, according to a study published by the International Journal of Obesity and Related Metabolic Disorders, good fats help people boost their metabolism. Consuming good fats and fewer calories daily will help your weight loss goals.
These three science-backed nutritional information serves as the basis for the following 7-meal plans for weight loss and muscle gain. These plans, indeed, will help you in your effort to lose weight and gain muscle.
These plans cover your daily three-square meals: breakfast, lunch, and dinner. If you feel the urge to snack, stick with healthy options like fruits and nuts. Here is your seven-day plan. (Use a small portion of fat-free cream cheese, and a small amount of butter in year meals.)
7 Day Meal Plans:
- Breakfast: Spinach omelet fried in coconut oil.
- Lunch: Fried chicken breast on mixed greens with olive oil vinaigrette.
- Dinner: Shrimp and avocado with mixed greens.
- Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with mixed vegetables in olive oil.
- Lunch: Bun-less burgers with cheese and lettuce.
- Dinner: Quinoa salad with chickpeas and cottage cheese.
- Breakfast: Protein pancakes with a side of bacon.
- Lunch: Sautéed ground beef with bell peppers.
- Dinner: Tofu stir-fry with broccoli and mushrooms
- Breakfast: Breakfast sausage with mixed buttered vegetables.
- Lunch: Swedish meatballs with a side of sweet potato fries.
- Dinner: Chili con carne with almond bread.
- Breakfast: Flax bread with smoked salmon and cream cheese.
- Lunch: Grilled chicken wings with blanched spinach.
- Dinner: Baked herbed tilapia fillet over couscous.
- Breakfast: Chia pudding with vanilla protein powder and slivered almonds.
- Lunch: Pan-fried salmon steak with mixed buttered vegetables.
- Dinner: Skillet chicken fajitas with red bell peppers.
- Breakfast: Greek yogurt with nuts and berries.
- Lunch: Tuna casserole with cheese and mushrooms.
- Dinner: Roast chicken and salad greens.
All these meal plans for weight loss and muscle gain are based on research-backed nutritional philosophies. They’re meant for weight loss and muscle gain but easy enough to prepare at home. As you become more familiar with the dietary requirements of each meal, you should be more confident in making your dishes for variety. However, if you do not mind repetition, you could always free yourself of the mental load and follow these 7 meal plans for weight loss and muscle gain week after week.
I hope this meal plan will help you lose weight, gain muscle, and improve your overall life. They are not just meal plans; they are backed by science. Good luck