- Publish Date: 20-04-2019 / 1:57 PM
- Category : Skin Care
How to get rid of skin redness on face: Barring medical conditions like Rosacea, facial redness is typically caused by inflammation and irritation. It can be due to dust, or allergies, or even hormonal changes that are a normal part of changes during menstruation or pregnancy.
And suppose you have sensitive skin or skin with a natural pink undertone, this redness can be annoyingly noticeable, even under makeup—a good reason why you should know how to get rid of skin redness on face, and skin with some natural home remedies.
There are some quick fixes that you can do right in your home. Here are four tips on how to get rid of redness on the skin and face naturally. Because our skins are different, every piece of information might not work for everyone. So, it is essential to try at least two or three of these methods to get rid of skin redness on the face and see which one is the best for your skin. But first, let us briefly talk more about what causes face redness in some people.
What are the causes of facial redness?
According to the American Academy of Dermatology Association, causes of facial redness are many, and for a lot of reasons. Causes of face redness can be a one-time thing like insect bit. Or could be caused by shingles, lupus, or a simple reaction to a medication.
Other causes of facial redness include skin irritation, Atopic dermatitis, Rosacea, spider veins from sun exposure, Psoriasis, and more. As you can see, the causes of facial redness are many and varied. Try to avoid those that are preventable; doing so should be your first line of defense on how to get rid of skin redness on the face, naturally.
Here are the steps on how to get rid of skin redness on face at home.
Do a green tea rinse.
Green tea is a miracle worker for the skin. Not only is it anti-inflammatory – it is also packed with antioxidants that can zap free radicals and toxins like no one else’s business. Soothe the skin by doing a green tea rinse after washing off with your regular cleanser.
- Brew some strong green tea and dilute with cold water, then soak a face cloth in the liquid. Let the face cloth sit on the skin for fifteen minutes, then follow through with a hypoallergenic moisturizer to seal all the goodness into the skin.
Use a clay mask – a popular tip on how to get rid of skin redness
If you have oily skin, clay masks should be part of your regular beauty arsenal. Clay, especially bentonite clay, is effective in drawing out excess oil and gunk from the pores. They also have a pore-shrinking effect, which can be helpful because dilated pores and blood vessels are among the leading causes of facial redness.
- For best results, apply a clay mask on the entire face and neck once a week. Do note that if you have dry skin, you might find this method a bit too drying for your skin because it does sop up natural facial oils.
Cucumber juice is another natural ingredient that pampers the skin and leaves it moisturized and soft. The same enzymes that soothe puffiness around the eye area also can tone down facial redness by constricting blood vessels under the delicate skin of the face. This hack can be a bit messy, but it is amazingly refreshing.
- Take a small cucumber and place it in the food processor until you have a puree. Take a few tablespoons of the pureed cucumber and add some natural honey to make a thick paste. Slather generously on the skin and leave for 15 minutes. Rinse off thoroughly.
Cucumber may not seem like anything you would want to slather on your face, but it is indeed one of the best natural home remedies for how to get rid of redness on the skin naturally.
Aspirin mask – effective but optional tip on how to get rid of redness on the skin
If you have no sensitivities to salicylic acid, then an aspirin mask can be just the quick fix you need for facial redness, especially if you have pimples or acne. To do an aspirin mask, do this:
- Crush four uncoated tablets to a fine powder and add a tablespoon of honey to make a paste (if you do not have honey at home, you can use a few drops of water, but keep in mind that this will not help the aspirin powder stay on that well). Apply the paste to your freshly cleansed face and allow it to stay on anywhere from 30 minutes to two hours. Rinse off gently and pat dry.
Salicylic acid can be drying on the skin, so be sure to moisturize afterward.
Final thoughts on how to get rid of skin redness on face, plus the causes of facial redness
Suppose you’ve tried these methods and still need an extra hack to figure out how to get rid of redness on the skin and face naturally at home. You can also take some Benadryl to help reduce the redness—especially if the causes of facial redness are attributable to skin reaction, as in an allergy or an insect bite.
Antihistamines work by suppressing the release of histamines which trigger the body’s inflammatory response. Please note that taking antihistamines should not be used as a long-term solution because it can cause unwanted side effects, leading to profound health implications.
Thank you for reading, and best of luck to you! And those are your tips on how to get rid of skin redness on the face at home naturally. Take advantage of these tips now that you know most, the leading causes of facial redness.