- Publish Date: 18-06-2021 / 5:09 PM
- Category : Health And Beauty
Melt and pour soap recipe for milk and honey soap, tips for how to make milk and honey soap from scratch. Soap made primarily of milk and honey has incredible benefits for all types of skin.
Milk is incredibly nourishing and moisturizing, while honey prevents bacterial growth. Furthermore, honey is a humectant. This means it can take moisture from the air and help nourish even the driest and most damaged skin.
There are different kinds of milk and honey recipes for making soaps, but most depend on buying a prepared goat’s milk soap base. While there are some excellent soap bases available, your end-product will tend to cost a bit more than if you make them from scratch.
Thankfully, this article will teach you the melt and pour soap recipe, a step-by-step guide for how to make soap at home, starting from scratch. Indeed, it is easy to learn how to make milk and honey soap from scratch.
Just follow the recipe below, and you will enjoy an unlimited supply of moisturizing soap made from milk and honey—indeed, a perfect skin nourishing soap made from scratch at home that you can enjoy without spending a lot of money.
Following are the recipes, steps, and procedures on how to make soap at home with milk and honey soap recipe.
Milk and honey soap recipe – for your melt and pour soap recipe
- 8 oz. Milk (goat’s milk works best)
- 1 oz. Water
- 4 oz. 5% Superfat Lye
- 14 oz. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 7 oz. Virgin Coconut Oil
- 4 oz. Grapeseed Oil
- 2 oz. Shea Butter
- 2 oz. Sweet Almond Oil
- 1 tbsp. Raw Honey
- Ice cube trays
- Plastic pitcher (heatproof)
- Safety glasses
- Stick blender
- Silicon molds
- Pour milk into ice cube trays and leave it in the freezer overnight.
- The next day, place frozen milk cubes in a plastic pitcher and pour the water over them.
- Wear your safety glasses and gloves before handling the lye.
- Add the lye into the pitcher one ounce at a time. Make sure you stir the mixture well after every addition.
- Let this sit for 10 minutes. Expect it to have a smell akin to ammonia.
- While the lye solution is sitting, prepare the oils in a saucepan.
- Heat the coconut oil and shea butter gently on a low fire.
- Pour in olive oil, grapeseed oil, and sweet almond oil.
- Turn off the heat.
Melt and pour soap recipe procedures continues
- Slowly pour the lye solution into the pot of mixed oil.
- Stir manually with a spatula for about 30 seconds.
- Then, use a stick blender to homogenize the ingredients thoroughly.
- Use the blender for 30 seconds, turn off the motor, and then stir manually with a spatula for another 30 seconds.
- Keep alternating between the blender and hand-stirring until it’s thick enough to leave an impression for a few seconds when you drizzle it at the top. (Note: In soap making, this is called “Trace.”) If you drizzle the mixture across the top, it quickly sinks under to make a flat surface; you have some more stirring to do.
Tips on how to make soap at home procedures continue with finishing touches
- Once your mixture is thick enough, add in your raw honey and stir again.
- Pour your mixture into silicone molds and let it sit for 48 hours.
- Remove the cooled soap from the molds. Depending on the mold you used, this is the time to slice them into bars.
- Then, please keep them in a cool, dry place to cure for at least 4 weeks before you start using them.
Final thoughts on how to make milk and honey soup from scratch
When learning how to make milk and honey soap from scratch, it is essential to make sure your measurements are accurate. Follow the portions above very carefully. The quality and how your soap turns out will depend on whether you followed the procedures correctly or not. This is a melt and pour soap recipe, and accurate measurement of the recipes matters a lot.
Once you have mastered the procedures and tips on how to make soap at home, you can experiment with different proportions based on your needs. Think about it, not only can you save a lot of money by making your own milk and honey soap at home, but it can be an unending source of gift items from you to families and friends.
Thank you for reading, and best of luck to you! And those are your recipes, tips, and procedures on how to make milk and honey soap from scratch from home.