- Publish Date: 30-05-2019 / 2:57 PM
- Category : Weight Loss Diet & Exercise
How to lose weight and gain muscle fast, at the same time right at home: Are you too busy to go to the gym? Do you dread going to these places because there are too many people, and most gyms are often overcrowded? If part of your plan to lose weight includes a workout regimen and dieting but you cannot stand going to those crowded gyms, there is another way.
Often, you would hear people who say that once they get to the gym, all they want to do is walk out the door and head home? The good thing is you can indeed lose weight and gain muscle in the privacy of your home.
In this article, we will share with you several tips on how to lose fat and gain muscles simultaneously by working out at home. Our first tips on how to lose weight and gain muscles start with warming up. This is something many forgets or does not care to do, but it is an essential part of doing proper workouts and exercises.
1. Warm-up – a proper habit to form when learning how to lose weight and gain muscles
Before you start with the workout itself, do not forget to do some warm-up. Get your heart rate up and pumping, and make sure to get your muscles warmed up before doing the workout to avoid unexpected injuries.
You can do your warm-up by doing some jump ropes, running in place, taking several minutes on your stationary bike, throwing some kicks and punches, twisting your body, jogging up and down the stairs, or simply swinging your arms—in short, get moving!
After about five minutes of warm-up, you can now start with the workout. Make sure that you did not exhaust yourself completely. The second tip on how to lose fat and gain muscles start with what is described here as the killer workout.
2. The killer workout.
Do the following exercises in this order.
- 20 bodyweight squats- You can put your hand on a support to maintain your balance.
- 10 push-ups
- 20 walking lunges (10 lunges for each leg)- If you cannot do this properly yet, you can use a support to keep your balance. It is also essential to keep your upper body in a vertical position.
- 10 dumbbell rows (you can use a gallon of juice or milk or any other weight found in your household)- It is recommended to use something challenging enough.
- 15-second plank
- 30 jumping jacks
Once you are done with the exercises, perform some basic stretches because your muscles have contracted from lifting, and you need to stretch them out to get them in good condition. For best results, do this workout routine on how to lose weight and gain muscle fast at home, 3 times a week. Do not do these on consecutive days because you build muscles when you are resting. So, give your muscles some rest.
Again, particularly important, the whole idea of how to lose fat and gain muscles means that you should not do these exercises and workouts on consecutive nights. If you do, you will lose weight, but the gaining muscles part may not happen.
3. Proper nutrition – good tip about how to lose fat and gain muscles
Another crucial thing to remember about how to lose weight and gain muscles is that workouts and exercises alone are not enough; proper nutrition matters a lot.
When you lose weight, it is essential that you gain muscle; otherwise, you may end up with lots of loose skins. When your goal is to lose weight and gain muscles, it is crucial that you maintain a healthy diet too. Avoid eating junk food, and do not starve yourself either. Below are some nutrition tips and ideas to keep in mind:
- Avoid fast food! As much as possible, consume natural home-cooked foods.
- Avoid highly processed foods and sugary drinks and food.
- Instead of eating white bread and rice, opt for complex carbohydrates. If you can, swap out grains with vegetables.
- Never leave the protein out of your diet. Eat plenty of chicken, fish, meat, and protein-rich vegetables because they are responsible for rebuilding muscles.
If you have not learned anything from our tips today about how to lose fat and gain muscles, remember these three things: warm-up, killer workout, and proper nutrition.
Final thoughts on how to lose weight and gain muscles fast
Aside from regular exercise and a balanced diet, it is also essential to maintain a healthy lifestyle if you want to stay fit. Avoid vices such as drinking and smoking and engage in sports or other physical activities.
In this way, you will not only look good but also avoid diseases. Our tips about how to lose fat and gain muscles have three components; if you follow them, you will succeed in losing weight and gaining muscles. Thank you for reading, and best of luck to you! And those are tips and ideas on how to lose weight and gain muscle fast at the same time at home.