- Publish Date: 26-04-2019 / 2:17 AM
- Category : Skin Care
How to get rid of acne overnight naturally.
Acne can be a bummer, especially when it sprouts right
before a special day. When you need to look your best, a breakout can throw you
off your game and keep you from putting your best foot forward. The Journal of
Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology notes that facial acne can have profound
effects on a person’s quality of life.
While severe cases of acne vulgaris require
medical attention, mild cases of acne can be managed quickly in the comfort of
your home. And, here’s how to get rid of acne overnight naturally.
- Clay masks. Clay masks work by drawing out dirt and oil from the surface of the skin, and its drying effect is particularly effective with acne that has already come to a head. Apply a clay mask to the entire face and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes. After rinsing and following through with the rest of your skincare, dab more clay on the acne-riddled area and leave it overnight. You should find the zit significantly reduced the next day.
- Acne dots. While the clay mask treatment can be amazingly effective, its main disadvantage is that it can’t be done when you have a busy day outside of the house. That’s when acne dots come in handy. Acne dots are stick-on dots that are meant to be worn over the zit. They are clear, absorbent, sterile patches that you put on like a Band-Aid, except that they have more of a gel-like feel. Acne dots work by drying out the zit in much the same way as clay masking does, minus the mess. While some acne dots aren’t medicated, most brands add acne-busting ingredients like salicylic acid, tea tree oil, and hyaluronic acid.
- Cortisone injections. If you can spare a visit to your dermatologist, ask for a cortisone shot. Cortisone injections help treat acne flareups, especially painful, inflamed cystic acne. The standard cortisone shot will contain triamcinolone, an anti-inflammatory steroid medication which will normally bring down the swelling in a pimple or a cyst within 24 to 48 hours. They can’t be administered regularly, however, it is best to save them for particularly painful and enlarged breakouts. This is probably one of the quicker and effective ways on how to get rid of acne scars overnight naturally.
- Acne extraction. Do you know how skin care experts caution against pimple popping? Well, they are right that you shouldn’t squeeze a pimple because it can cause scarring and infection. Using sterile equipment and proper technique, however, popping a pimple is your best bet to getting rid of whiteheads and blackheads lurking inside a nasty zit. Dermatologist call this acne extraction, or more technically, incision and drainage. Essentially, this requires a sterile needle or surgical blade to open the acne nodule and then extracting the necrotic tissue instead. Once the necrotic tissue is removed, the acne will start to heal. Acne extraction is typically done when you have a large pimple or a painful acne cyst or nodule, to significantly shorten healing time.
- Phototherapy. Phototherapy, or the use of blue light to treat the skin, is sometimes used when chemical peels and antibiotics fail to improve the condition of acne. You see, acne happens when a bacteria gets into the pores and feeds on the oil, dirt, and dead skin trapped inside, causing swelling and infection. In the same way, bacteria happen to be sensitive to blue light – exposure because the blue light spectrum shuts down their metabolism and kills them. Blue light also shrinks oil glands in the skin, which further decreases the chances of clogged pores. Sometimes, blue light therapy may be combined with red light therapy, which helps stimulate collagen production.
All these hacks that show you how to get rid of acne overnight naturally are best applied for mild to moderate acne. If you have severe cystic acne, faithfully follow your dermatologist’s advice.