- Publish Date: 03-05-2021 / 1:26 AM
- Category : Weight Loss Diet & Exercise
HIIT workouts for weight loss for beginners: It is not always necessary to spend hours at the gym when you want to lose weight. HIIT workouts to lose weight for beginners are enough to get you the results you need. You do not need to invest so much time to get this done.
This theory was proven by a study published by the Journal of Sports Medicine and Physical Fitness in 2017. In the study, researchers observed that short bursts of high-intensity workouts are incredibly effective in losing weight and reducing waist sizes–hence the importance of these sets of HIIT workouts for weight loss for beginners.
Here are sets of HIIT workout for weight loss specifically designed for beginners to work towards their weight loss goals for only a few minutes each day:
Beginner HIIT Workout #1
For this workout, all you’ll need is a sturdy chair and an exercise mat. Do each exercise for 20 seconds and give yourself a 10-second rest in between. When complete with each exercise set, repeat them until you have cycled through them 4 times. In total, this should span 10 minutes.
Jumping Jacks – perfect HIIT workout for weight loss
- Start in a standing position with your feet together and your arms at your sides.
- Jump up and part your legs, so you hit the floor in a wide stance. At the same time, lift your hands over your head.
- Keep alternating between the narrow and wide stances until you run out of time.
Step up Onto Chair (Right Leg)
- Step your right leg onto a sturdy chair to bring yourself up.
- Let your left leg follow and touch the chair slightly.
- Bring your left leg back down, followed by your right leg, so you are back in the starting position.
- Repeat until your timer runs out.
Step up Onto Chair (Left Leg)
- Do the same as the previous exercise but with the opposite leg in the lead.
The subsequent HIIT workout for weight loss for beginners is doing triceps dips with a chair. Make sure you have a sturdy chair to help you do this exercise.
Triceps Dips on Chair
- Sit on a chair and slide your butt down to the front edge.
- Hold on to the edges.
- Slide your butt out and support yourself with your arms and legs, which should be firmly planted on the floor in front of you.
- Slowly lower yourself, feeling the tension in your triceps.
- Bring yourself back up.
- Keep lowering yourself and bringing yourself back up until your timer runs out.
- Lie on a mat with your knees bent, feet on the ground, and hands clasped behind your head.
- Slowly lift your upper body, using strength from your abdomen.
- Lower yourself back down to the starting position.
- Keep lifting yourself and holding at peak position for at least one second and then bringing yourself back down until your timer runs out.
Beginner HIIT Workout #2
For this set of HIIT workouts to lose weight, all you will need is some space and an exercise mat. Do each exercise for 1 minute and give yourself a maximum of 15 seconds rest in between.
When you’re done with the set, repeat it until you have cycled through the exercises thrice. In total, this should span 15 minutes.
High Knees – one among good HIIT workouts to lose weight
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and feet firmly planted on the ground.
- Extend both arms out in front of you and keep your palms facing down.
- Lift your right knee enough to hit your right palm.
- Do the same for the left side.
- Pick up speed until it looks like you’re running in place.
- Keep alternating between both sides until your timer runs out.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your hand resting on your hips.
- Take a giant step forward with your right leg and lower yourself so your right knee is bent.
- Step back to your original position before doing the same movement for the left side.
- Keep alternating between the two sides until your timer runs out.
Lunges is a good HIIT workout for weight loss, and when combined with the rest of the HIIT workouts listed here, it will go a long way in helping you lose a lot of weight as a beginner.
- On a mat, lie on your back with your arms at your sides and palms pressing on the mat.
- Slowly lift both legs until they’re perpendicular to the ground.
- Slowly lower them back down to the mat.
- Keep lifting your legs and taking them back down until your timer runs out.
The last on our list of HIIT workouts for weight loss for beginners is the ever-popular bird dogs. See how this HIIT workout for weight loss can help you with your weight loss goal or quest, especially as a beginner.
- On a mat, get on all fours. Make sure you’re supporting yourself with your hands below your shoulders and your knees below your hips.
- Lift your right arm forward. At the same time, kick your left leg behind you.
- Go back to your original position before doing the same movement with the left arm and right leg.
- Keep alternating between the two sides until you have run out of time.
Final thoughts on HIIT workouts for weight loss for beginners
While regular exercises will help you lose weight eventually, HIIT workout can do it quicker in the long run. HIIT workouts to lose weight for beginners can be challenging, but it is worth it because it saves you time.
High-intensity interval training exercises only take a few minutes a day to maximize the amount of fat and calories you burn. Each HIIT workout for weight loss listed above is designed to save you time, but more importantly, to help you reach your goals quicker.
If you persevere and continue to challenge yourself with high-intensity interval training, you will soon enjoy not only lower numbers on the scale but also the size of your jeans. Thank you for reading, and best of luck to you! And those are your HIIT workouts for weight loss for beginners.