- Publish Date: 17-05-2019 / 1:23 PM
- Category : Weight Loss Diet & Exercise
What is the best breakfast for losing weight? Learn more about healthy egg breakfast recipes for weight loss. When you say “breakfast,” “eggs” is usually one of the first words that come to mind.
Egg for breakfast recipes is extremely easy to prepare, even for children in some instances. Eggs are among the best protein sources of food, and what makes them even healthier is that they do not contain sugar and carbohydrates.
Although egg yolks are believed to increase cholesterol levels, the USDA stated that the nutrient choline from the yolk could reduce belly fat, boost cell activity, improve the transportation of nutrients throughout the body. Not only that, eating eggs can improve the function of the liver—another reason you should learn about breakfast recipes for egg, for all its goodness.
Below are 3 healthy egg breakfast recipes for weight loss that anybody can make at home—start now to learn different egg for breakfast recipes that will help you lose weight.
Breakfast Tacos – excellent breakfast recipes of egg
- Eggs (4)
- Corn tortillas (4)
- Jalapeño (1 whole, minced)
- Scallion stalks (2, thinly sliced)
- Radishes (2, thinly sliced)
- Avocado (1 whole, sliced)
- Hot sauce
- Lime (1 whole, sliced into quarters)
- Char the flour tortillas in a large skillet at medium heat until both sides are brown. Wrap the tortillas in foil and set them aside.
- Whisk the eggs together with the scallions and jalapeño—season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the skillet at medium-low heat and add the eggs. Do not stir too much, and let it cook slowly until it achieves a custard-like texture.
- Continue cooking over low heat and fold the cooked eggs over to make the cooking even.
- Remove the eggs from heat once they are cooked. Do not wait for it to become brown.
- Add the eggs over the corn tortillas and top it off with radishes, avocado, and cilantro.
- Season with salt, pepper, and hot sauce according to taste.
- Squeeze in lime and enjoy!
Yeah, that is indeed an egg for breakfast recipes that is not only healthy and yummy but will help you lose weight. The next time somebody asks you, what is the best breakfast for losing weight, your answer should be obvious, egg!
Among these mouth-watering recipes in this list, the next up is one of the best healthy egg breakfast recipes for weight loss called Sunny Side Up.
Sunny-Side Up Beet Hash with Crispy Rice Cakes
The sunny side is one of the best healthy breakfast recipes of eggs that will help you lose weight that many people don’t know much about, but it can indeed help you lose weight.
- Eggs (6 large)
- Arborio rice (1 cup)
- Olive oil (1/3 cup)
- Onion (1 medium, chopped)
- Dried Rosemary (1 teaspoon)
- Red pepper flakes (1/4 teaspoon)
- Shiitake mushrooms (4 ounces, remove the stem and slice thinly)
- Beets (2 medium, peeled and diced into half-inch cubes)
- Sweet potato (1 medium, peeled and chopped into half-inch cubes)
- Balsamic vinegar (3 tablespoons)
- Beet greens (from the 2 medium beets, roughly slice)
- Salt and pepper (1/4 teaspoon each)
- Line a 9×9 inch baking pan with plastic wrap and then lightly apply the cooking spray.
- Prepare the arborio rice according to package instructions. Spread the rice into the pan
- and press into a square. Cover with plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator overnight or at least 2 hours.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of oil. Sauté onion and cook for about 3 minutes. Add the rosemary and red pepper flakes. Stir for a minute and add the mushrooms until they become soft.
- Add the beet and sweet potato. Pour in the balsamic vinegar.
- Cover and allow to cook for 20 minutes while stirring from time to time.
- Add the beet greens for about 5 minutes—season with salt and pepper.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Lift rice out of the refrigerated baking pan gently and cut into 9 equal portions. Further, cut each portion into half to form a triangle.
- Cook these rice cakes in hot oil until they are golden brown and crispy. It will take about 2 to 3 minutes for each side.
- Over medium heat, heat a non-stick skillet and lightly spray using a cooking spray.
- Add the eggs and cook one at a time or all at once.
- If you want a runny egg, cook it for 2 to 3 minutes. You can also flip the eggs and cook for a minute if you want them to be over medium.
- Divide the hash, top it off with a fried egg and add the crispy rice cakes.
Simple Poached Egg and Avocado Toast – your ultimate egg for breakfast recipes
The last of our healthy egg breakfast recipes for weight loss is a delicious, simple poached egg recipe. Simple poached egg and avocado toast is one of the best eggs for breakfast recipes, and it is easy to make.
Here is what you need.
- Eggs (2)
- Whole grain bread (2 slices)
- Avocado (1/3)
- Parmesan cheese (2 tablespoons)
- Salt and pepper
- Parsley, thyme, or basil
- Heirloom tomatoes (quartered)
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Drop the outer metal rims of 2 mason jar lids into the pot of boiling water such that they are at the bottom of the pot.
- Once the water is already boiling, turn off the stove and crack the eggs into the rims. Cover the pot and allow to poach for 5 minutes.
- While waiting for the eggs to be cooked, toast the bread, and mash the avocado on the toasted bread.
- Lift the eggs out of the water and place them on top of the toast.
- Top it off with Parmesan cheese, herbs, and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with the tomatoes.
Final thoughts on healthy egg breakfast recipes for weight loss
Eggs can be your go-to breakfast recipes of egg dishes that you can prepare at home to help you lose weight. The reason for this is because eggs are healthy and rich in protein. The recipes outlined in this list of healthy egg for breakfast recipes for weight loss are some of the most nutritious and most straightforward to make.
You can always find other creative ways of cooking eggs to make breakfast that is not only healthy but also exciting for you and your family. But this list of breakfast recipes of egg dishes above was created with losing weight in mind. So, give them a try if your goal is to shed few extra pounds. Enjoy, and from now on, if somebody asks you what is the best breakfast for losing weight, you know what to tell them.
Thank you for reading, and best of luck to you! And those are your lists of healthy egg breakfast recipes for weight loss.