- Publish Date: 17-05-2019 / 1:23 PM
- Category : Weight Loss Diet & Exercise
Healthy egg breakfast recipes for weight loss. When you say the “breakfast”, “eggs” is usually one of the first words that come to mind. Eggs are among the best sources of protein, and what makes them even healthier is the fact that they don’t contain sugar and carbohydrates. Although egg yolks are believed to increase cholesterol levels, the USDA stated that the nutrient choline from the yolk can reduce belly fat, boost cell activity, improve the transportation of nutrients throughout the body, as well as improve the function of the liver. Below are 3 healthy egg breakfast recipes for weight loss that anybody can make at home.
- Breakfast Tacos
- Eggs (4)
- Corn tortillas (4)
- Jalapeño (1 whole, minced)
- Scallion stalks (2, thinly sliced)
- Radishes (2, thinly sliced)
- Avocado (1 whole, sliced)
- Hot sauce
- Lime (1 whole, sliced into quarters)
- Char the flour tortillas in a large skillet at medium heat until both sides are brown. Wrap the tortillas in foil and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs together with the scallions and jalapeño. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the skillet at medium-low heat and add the eggs. Don’t stir too much and let it cook slowly until it achieves a custard-like texture.
- Continue cooking over low heat and fold the cooked eggs over to make the cooking even. Remove the eggs from heat once they are cooked. Don’t wait for it to become brown.
- Add the eggs over the corn tortillas and top it off with radishes, avocado, and cilantro.
- Season with salt, pepper, and hot sauce according to taste.
- Squeeze in lime and enjoy!
- Sunny Side Up Beet Hash with Crispy Rice Cakes
The sunny side is one of the best healthy egg breakfast recipes for weight loss that many people don’t know much about that can indeed help you lose weight.
- Eggs (6 large)
- Arborio rice (1 cup)
- Olive oil (1/3 cup)
- Onion (1 medium, chopped)
- Dried Rosemary (1 teaspoon)
- Red pepper flakes (1/4 teaspoon)
- Shiitake mushrooms (4 ounces, remove the stem and slice thinly)
- Beets (2 medium, peeled and diced into half inch cubes)
- Sweet potato (1 medium, peeled and diced into half inch cubes)
- Balsamic vinegar (3 tablespoons)
- Beet greens (from the 2 medium beets, roughly slice)
- Salt and pepper (1/4 teaspoon each)
- Line a 9×9 inch baking pan with plastic wrap and then lightly apply the cooking spray.
- Prepare the arborio rice according to package instructions. Spread the rice into the pan and press into a square. Cover with plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator overnight or at least 2 hours.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of oil. Sauté onion and cook for about 3 minutes. Add the rosemary and red pepper flakes. Stir for a minute and add the mushrooms until they become soft.
- Add the beet and sweet potato. Pour in the balsamic vinegar.
- Cover and allow to cook for 20 minutes while stirring from time to time.
- Add the beet greens for about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Lift rice out of the refrigerated baking pan gently and cut into 9 equal portions. Further, cut each portion into half in order to form a triangle.
- Cook these rice cakes in hot oil until they are golden brown and crispy. It will take about 2 to 3 minutes for each side.
- Over medium heat, heat a non-stick skillet and lightly spray using a cooking spray.
- Add the eggs and cook one at a time or all at once.
- If you want a runny egg, just cook it for 2 to 3 minutes. You can also flip the eggs and allow to cook for a minute if you want them to be over medium.
- Divide the hash, top it off with a fried egg and add the crispy rice cakes.
- Simple Poached Egg and Avocado Toast
A delicious simple poached egg is one of the best and the last in our list of healthy egg breakfast recipes for weight loss. Here is what you need.
- Eggs (2)
- Whole grain bread (2 slices)
- Avocado (1/3)
- Parmesan cheese (2 tablespoons)
- Salt and pepper
- Parsley, thyme, or basil
- Heirloom tomatoes (quartered)
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Drop the outer metal rims of 2 mason jar lids into the pot of boiling water such that they are at the bottom of the pot.
- Once the water is already boiling, turn off the stove and crack the eggs into the rims. Cover the pot and allow to poach for 5 minutes.
- While waiting for the eggs to be cooked, toast the bread and mash the avocado on the toasted bread.
- Lift the eggs out of the water and place on top of the toast.
- Top it off with Parmesan cheese, herbs, and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with the tomatoes.
Eggs can be your go-to breakfast food because they are healthy and rich in protein. The recipes outlined in this list of healthy egg breakfast recipes for weight loss are some of the healthiest and easiest to make. You can always find other creative ways of cooking eggs to make breakfast that is not only healthy but also exciting for you and your family.