- Publish Date: 17-02-2018 / 3:37 AM
- Category : General
Do you want to learn how to get rid of odor with white vinegar easily at home? White vinegar is a common condiment used for cooking, but it is also well-known for its cleaning and sanitizing properties. It can effectively remove mineral deposits and inorganic soils, as well as fight bacteria, molds, and yeast. It may seem counterintuitive that white vinegar can be used to neutralize odors because it has a pungent smell, but it works like a charm! Below are some of the ways on how to get rid of odor with white vinegar. Here is how to use white vinegar to remove the foul smell in your home.
- Tip #1: Get a bowl, fill it up with vinegar, and put it in the corner of the room. After a few hours, you will notice that the foul odor in the entire room will be gone.
- Tip #2: If you want to deodorize your entire house, pour one cup of white vinegar in a saucepan and allow it to simmer. This way, you will be able to maximize the reach of the vinegar and neutralize the unpleasant smell in your home.
- Tip #3: Combine one teaspoon of white vinegar, one teaspoon of baking soda, and one pint of clean water. You should see a reaction between the baking soda and vinegar characterized by foaming. When the reaction subsides, pour the solution into a spray bottle. Use it to mist the air in the room that you wish to deodorize. If you want your spray to smell more pleasant, add one-fourth ounce of mint or rosemary and let it sit for one week.
- Tip #4: If you have pets at home and you can’t seem to remove the smell of their urine, combine equal parts of white vinegar and cool water, let the solution sit for about 30 to 60 seconds, and then blot the affected area using a clean cotton cloth. Let it dry naturally.
- Tip #5: There are some instances wherein the smell of strong perfumes or smoke leave residual odors in your home. When this happens, simply combine one teaspoon of white vinegar with one pint of clean water, store the solution in a hand sprayer, and use it as a quick odor neutralizer.
- Tip #6: When one of your family members gets sick and fails to make it to the restroom, you can clean the area using a solution composed of equal parts of water and white vinegar to neutralize the foul smell. If the smell is still there, follow Tip #1 and leave the bowl overnight. You can also do this method when it happens in your car, but don’t forget to leave the doors closed and your windows up.
The next time you’ve run out of air freshener and you smell something funky in your house; you can grab the white vinegar in your kitchen and try this new tip on how to get rid of odor with white vinegar for a quick fix. Simply follow the procedures discussed above instead of rushing to your local grocery store to buy expensive sprays. The good thing about using vinegar is that it is much safer compared to commercial products, it is non-toxic, and is also more affordable.