- Publish Date: 09-03-2019 / 2:44 AM
- Category : Weight Loss Diet & Exercise
Best exercise routine to lose weight fast at home. A healthy and fit body is something that many people want to achieve. However, to achieve your goal of a fit body, you must eat right and work hard for your dreams to come through—and the good news is that there are plenty of workout routines to lose weight that you can partake in.
If you are too busy with work or taking care of the household that you do not have time to go to the gym, these 6 exercise routines to lose weight should be enough. They are easy to learn and master, and you can do any of them in the comfort of your home.
The first workout routine to lose weight in this list is lunges. There are a lot of variations for this exercise. The plain jane forward lunge is highly effective for burning a lot of calories because it works out multiple muscles simultaneously, such as the quads, glutes, and hamstrings. You can do this exercise by following these simple steps below:
- Start by standing with your feet positioned hip-width apart. Place your hands on your hips and then take a step forward using your right leg.
- While keeping your spine tall, lower down your body until the leg is positioned to your front and placed on the back-formed 90-degree angle.
- Pause and hold this position. Bring back your right leg to your starting position.
- Do the same movement, but now using the left leg to step forward.
- Perform this exercise 10 times for each side and do three sets.
2. Burpees – good exercise routine to lose weight
One of the best exercise routine to lose weight fast at home is burpees. Doing burpees is effective for losing weight because this exercise targets your chest, legs, and core muscles simultaneously. You will indeed feel the burn while doing it, and you will build muscle. Perform this exercise by following these simple steps:
- Start by standing while your feet are positioned shoulder-width apart and your arms at your sides. Push back your hips, bend your knees, and lower your body to form a squat.
- Place your hands on the floor directly in front of you, and then transition your weight into them. Jump back and land on your feet in the plank position.
- Jump forward such that your feet land just outside your hands. Reach up your hands and jump into the air.
- Lower your body back into a squatting position immediately. Perform this exercise 8 to 12 times and do a total of 3 sets.
3. Explosive lunges – excellent workout routine to lose weight
This is a high-intensity workout routine to lose weight that will make you burn a lot of calories. Below are the steps to perform explosive lunges:
- Begin by positioning your feet together and placing your hands on your hips. Take a step forward with your right leg.
- Bend until your right leg forms into a 90-degree angle.
- Jump up and switch legs mid-air to end up with your left leg lunged forward instead of the right one.
- Do this exercise for a minute and complete three sets.
Another intense exercise routine to lose weight fast at home is squat. When performed correctly, squats can be effective for weight loss as it engages the core muscles and your whole lower body. The following are the steps to perform squats:
- Begin by positioning your feet hip-width apart and your arms at your sides while holding dumbbells.
- While keeping your weight in your heels, lower your legs and lift your arms towards your front.
- Lower your body while keeping your back straight until your thighs are positioned parallel to the ground. Make sure that your knees are in line with your toes while doing this/
- Maintain a consistent pace and rise back to your starting position. Do three sets with 15 repetitions each.
5. Double Jump
Level up your traditional squats by adding jump and lunge movements. This will increase your heart rate and burn calories because it targets your abs, buttocks, and legs all at the same time—an excellent workout routine to lose weight at home for anybody. Here are the steps to perform double jumps:
- Lower your body to do a deep squat.
- Rise as if you are jumping and then land in a lunge with your right leg positioned at the back.
- From this lunge, jump back to a squat.
- Do this exercise with alternating legs for 45 seconds and perform a total of two sets.
6. Mountain Climbers
Another one of the best exercises routine to lose weight is mountain climbers. Performing mountain climbers is an excellent way to shed excess weight because it simultaneously works out the hamstrings, butt, and obliques. This is more effective than using a resistance band. The following are the steps to perform mountain climbers properly:
- Loop the center of your resistance band around a post.
- Get into a plank position while facing away from the post where the band is looped. Your feet should be positioned in handles like stirrups
- Bring your right and left knee towards your chest alternately. Ensure that the toes of the bent leg do not touch the ground.
- Do this movement for a minute and then take a rest for 20 seconds. Perform a total of 3 sets.
Final thoughts on best exercises routine to lose weight
Whether your excess weight is taking a toll on your health or you want to look better and gain more confidence, these exercise routine to lose weight at home should help. Losing weight is a challenging and yet meaningful endeavor—so do not let a few obstacles stop you from taking advantage of these practical exercises.
Thank you for reading, and good luck to you! And those are your tips on the best exercises routine to lose weight at home.