- Publish Date: 21-09-2020 / 2:54 AM
- Category : Weight Loss Diet & Exercise
Ab workout for beginners – workout for flat stomach at home: There are so many ab exercises out there to help flatten your tummy at home. But do most of these so-called flat stomach workouts at home truly work, especially as a beginner?
Whether the goal is core workouts for beginners to flatten the ab or simple ab workouts for 6 pack, there is hope. The good news is that many of them do work, but none are more effective yet easier to follow than these regimen of 7 ab workout for beginners listed below.
We believe that these core workouts for beginners to flatten their stomach at home will work for anybody—especially when done in succession at least 5 to 6 days a week.
Doing all 7 together in succession is more effective; however, if you find it challenging to do all 7, you can choose the ones you like the most as starters. And as you gain strength and experience, you can gradually add more workout routines until you master all seven ab workouts for 6 packs designed for beginners as part of your daily exercise regimen. They are indeed true workout for flat stomach at home that you can count on.
Below are the 7-ab workout for beginners:
1. Cross-Arm Crunches
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet planted on the mat.
- Cross your arms over your chest so that your right hand is above your left shoulder and your left hand is above your right shoulder.
- Getting power from your abdomen, lift your upper body from the mat.
- Make sure you do not strain your neck and shoulders.
- Hold your position at the top of the movement before lowering yourself to the starting position.
- Repeat this as many times as you can within 1 minute.
2. Reverse Crunches – one of the better core workouts for beginners
- Lie on your back with your legs lifted and knees bent at a 90-degree angle so that your legs look like they are resting on a box.
- Keep your elbows bent, tucked close to your body, and your hands are resting close to your ears.
- Simultaneously, lift your upper body and tuck your knees towards your chest.
- Then, lower your upper body back down while stretching your legs out into the air.
- Return to your starting position.
- Repeat as many times as you can within 1 minute to complete your ab workouts for beginners at home.
Those so far are good core workouts for beginners to flatten their abs at home. They are practical and not so difficult to do once you master the steps.
3. Russian Twists
The Russian twist is another effective ab workout for beginners at home to flatten their stomachs.
Below is how this ab workouts for 6 pack beginners’ is done.
- Sit on the mat with your knees bent and feet planted firmly on the floor.
- Lower your back down a bit until you feel that your abdominal muscles are holding you up.
- Lock your hands together.
- Twist to the right and lower your hands down towards your right hip.
- Return to your starting position and repeat for the left side.
- Keep twisting side to side until your 1-minute timer runs out.
4. Bicycle Crunches – effective ab workouts for 6 pack
- Lie on your back with your legs stretched out and your hands locked together behind your head.
- Tuck your right knee in towards your chest. At the same time, lift your upper back so that your left elbow meets the right knee.
- Slowly lower yourself back to the starting position.
- Repeat so that your left knee meets your right elbow.
- Repeat for as many times as you can for 1 minute to complete your reps; for this flat stomach workout at home for beginners.
5. Mountain Climbers
- Start by lying on your stomach.
- Then, hold yourself up as if doing a pushup. Your hands should be firmly planted on the mat, right below your shoulders.
- Bend your right knee and tuck it in towards your chest while keeping your left leg straight.
- Simultaneously straighten your right leg and bend your left knee to tuck towards your chest.
- As quickly as you can, alternate tucking the two legs in.
- Do for as many repetitions within 1 minute.
Mountain climber is good core workouts for beginners; it is probably one of the most popular ab workouts for 6 pack you can find. It is effective and can easily be done by beginners once mastered.
6. Bird Dog
Another good workout for flat stomach at home is a bird dog. Bird dog is one of the best ab workouts for beginners that anybody can do at home to flatten their stomach. It is easy to do and effective. Below are the steps.
- On a mat, hold yourself up so your knees are bent and your arms are stretched below your shoulders.
- Stretch your right arm out in front of you while stretching your left leg out behind you.
- Go back to the starting position.
- Do the same for the left arm and right leg.
- Repeat for as many times as you can for 1 minute.
7. Planks – good workout for flat stomach at home
If you ask most people what the best ab workout for beginners can be done at home, most will say plank. As an effective workout for flat stomach at home, a plank is probably the hardest of them to do for an extended period in the beginning. However, with practice and endurance, you can increase your hold time quickly. Here is how to do the plank exercise.
- Start by lying on your stomach.
- Then, hold yourself up using your forearms and your toes.
- Keep yourself stiff and straight (like a plank), making sure that you do not sag.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds.
Final thoughts on ab workout for beginners
These 7 effective ab workouts for beginners are easy to follow. However, they could feel intense when you are just beginning. Remember that it is always more important to do the movements correctly rather than doing many repetitions.
Do not let the number of reps or how long you can hold for a plank exercise deter you from these effective core workouts for beginners at home to flatten the stomach. Be patients even when things seem so difficult. Please pay attention to the techniques and master them first because that will make things more comfortable as you progress.
These ab workouts for 6 pack workout regimens for beginners will work to flatten your stomach when done repeatedly and adequately. However, it would be best not to forget the most crucial thing of them all—your diet. You will reach your goal quickly and efficiently when you combine all ab workout for flat stomach at home routines with healthy diets.
Thank you for reading, and best of luck to you! And those are ab workout for beginners done at home.