5 Simple leg and thigh exercises at home. When talking about a perfect fit and sexy body that can turn heads, the legs are among the first body parts that come to mind. Unlike the abs and chest, you can easily show off your legs almost any time without looking inappropriate with the help of these 5 simple leg and thigh exercises at home that anybody can do.
A perfect pair of legs can make women look fabulous without even trying too hard. However, the challenging part is the fact that you need a combination of simple Simple leg and thigh exercises at home with a healthy diet to tone the muscles in your legs and thighs. In this article, we will share with you some of the most effective, and yet simple let exercises at home that can help you achieve a gorgeous pair of legs that will wow people:
- 1. Lunges
• To perform lunges, start by standing tall, feet slightly spread apart, and chest lifted.
• Next, use your right foot to step forward, and then bend your right knee such that your thigh
and leg will form a right angle.
• Lower your left leg until your knee is almost touching the ground.
• Hold this position briefly, rise, and return to your starting position.
• Switch legs.
• It is recommended to do you do ten repetitions for each leg and between 1 to 3 sets.
Keep in mind that short lunges target the front part of your thigh while lunging too far targets the back part of your thigh and glutes more.
- 2. Wide Squats
• Start by standing straight, abdominal muscles tight, and feet spread wide apart.
• Next, slightly arch your lower back and bend your knees moderately.
• Keep your arms crossed over your chest or hold a light dumbbell at your sides or between your
legs to make the routine more challenging.
• Bend your hips and knees until your thighs are almost parallel to the ground.
• Straighten your legs to return to your original position without locking your knees.
• Do 15 repetitions and 1 to 3 sets.
- 3. Outer thigh lifts
• Start by lying on your right side first, with your right arm extended out or under your head, and your left arm rested on your left hip. Make sure that your head, shoulder, and hips are all aligned properly.
• While keeping your outer leg straight and foot flexed, slowly raise it in 2 counts and hold the position briefly before slowly lowering it in 4 counts to go back to the original position.
• Repeat this eight times, and do the same with the other side.
- 4. Inner thigh lifts
• To perform this exercise, lie on your right side, with your head, shoulders, and hips aligned first.
• Use your right elbow and position it directly under your shoulder to support your upper body, such that your weight is now on your hip and elbow.
• Bend your left leg and position it on the floor in front of you, with your left foot flat on the ground.
• Next, raise your right leg slowly between the space formed by your left thigh and left leg. Make sure that your right leg is straight, and your foot is flexed.
• Hold the position when you reach the top, then slowly lower it back to rest on the floor.
• Perform 20 repetitions and switch to the other side.
• You can gradually progress to 4 sets for best results.
- 5. Calf raises
• Start by standing tall and legs shoulder-width apart while holding a dumbbell at your sides.
• Rise onto your toes, lifting your heels off the ground as high as you can.
• Hold the position briefly and slowly get back to the starting position.
• Perform 15 repetitions and two sets.
It is no secret that working out can be difficult and tiring. The good news is—everything is worth it once you’ve achieved your target! Performing these 5 simple leg and thigh exercises at home can get you a long way to achieving the pair of legs that you’ve always wanted. However, it would also be much better if you would work out other muscle groups and make these simple leg exercises at home a part of your daily routine not only to maintain the shape of your muscles but also to stay healthy.