- Publish Date: 08-02-2018 / 3:11 AM
- Category : Super Foods
5 Best foods to boost metabolism. If you want to lose extra weight and improve your overall health, boosting your metabolism can play a significant role. Not only does this enhance your digestion but can also aid your body to burn unwanted fat and help you shed those few extra pounds, thus, one good reason to try these 5 best foods to boost metabolism.
If you have a slow metabolism, you will find it more difficult to lose weight no matter how hard you try, and that may leave you feeling frustrated. Good news is that there are superfoods to boost metabolism that can help you increase your metabolism and aid you to shed excess weight effectively.
- 1. Cucumber. Cucumbers are rich in silicon and sulfur, which can help burn body fat. Furthermore, because they are packed with water, they can also help hydrate your body and prevent bloating and water retention.
- 2. Tomatoes. In a recent 8-week study, women who drank a half pint of tomato juice every day without making any changes in their diet or lifestyle managed to trim down their waistline. The reason behind this is that tomato juice can improve lipid metabolism by promoting the expression of genes that play a role in fatty oxidation.Tomatoes is indeed one of the best foods to boost metabolism and help you lose weight because they are low in calories, fat, and carbohydrates. Moreover, they are rich in fiber and can reverse leptin resistance, the type of protein that helps the body regulate metabolic rate and appetite.
- 3. Carrots. Carrots are classified as thermogenic food, which can improve the body’s metabolism and allow it to burn excess calories. Additionally, because they are rich in antioxidants, eating carrots can help enhance your body’s biochemistry and determine the ideal metabolism for your body to function efficiently. Additionally, other factors that make carrots weight-friendly include their low calorie and high fiber content.
- 4. Red chili pepper. Red chili peppers have high capsaicin content, a chemical compound that heats up the body, and gives your metabolism a boost, making it easy for you to burn fat. Chili peppers have appetite suppressant compound, which can make you less hungry.
- 5. Ginger. Consuming ginger can help improve your digestion and metabolism; thereby helping your body burn more fat and calories. Just like red chili peppers, ginger is also a thermogenic food that contains the fat-burning compound capsaicin and can curb your appetite effectively.
While these listed 5 best foods to boost metabolism are known for their ability to boost metabolism, their weight loss effects may still vary from one person to another. Keep in mind that aside from your metabolic rate, there are also other factors that come into play such as your percentage of body fat, diet, and kind of lifestyle. Aside from the fact that they are all-natural and safer than commercial products, the best thing about eating these foods is that they are rich in vitamins and minerals.