- Publish Date: 27-11-2017 / 7:28 PM
- Category : Super Foods
3 Things you didn’t know about watermelon – watermelon health hacks. Watermelon health hacks? Yes, there are plenty you might not know about watermelon, and we are happy to share some of those with you today. There is probably no other fruit or vegetable that screams summer as much as watermelon.
What makes watermelon one of the most popular fruits during the summer season is that you can also make your sweet, juicy, and vibrant watermelon into a shake. Or eat it by itself. Either way, you will feel refreshed. As weird as it may sound, some people even include watermelon as an ingredient in their dishes. And some eat it purely because they recognize watermelon benefits as a male enhancement remedy. Yep! Now you know one of the things you didn’t know about watermelon.
However, aside from its deliciousness and the hydrating effect that almost all people probably already know, watermelon has much more to offer because of its health benefits. Check out these three interesting watermelon health hacks to learn at least 3 things you didn’t know about watermelon.
- 1. Immune System Booster: Watermelon can strengthen your immune system. Promote healing of wounds, as well as prevent and reduce inflammation. A healthy immune system means that you are less likely to get sick often or catch a common cold during the flu season. Because watermelon contains a high level of Vitamin C, consuming watermelon is an effective way to boost your immune system.
- It can also help protect your cells from reactive oxygen which has a damaging effect. As well as promote the healing of wounds. Vitamin C is important in forming new connective tissue because the enzymes involved in this process cannot function without this vitamin. Besides being a good source of Vitamin C, watermelon is also rich in phenolic compounds. Including flavonoids, carotenoids, and triterpenoids which have anti-inflammatory effects.
- 2. High in Lycopene: Watermelon contains a higher lycopene content compared to tomatoes. If you believe that tomatoes are your best source of lycopene, think again. The truth is watermelon has more lycopene than tomatoes. In fact, a cup of watermelon has 1.5 times more lycopene than a large tomato.
- Lycopene is a form of carotenoid antioxidant which is essential for preventing free radicals from damaging your cells and immune system. Free radicals can cause people to advance quicker in the aging process. Lycopene, which gives watermelon and other fruits their red or pink color can also help fight cancer. Now you know a few more things you didn’t know about watermelon. Another watermelon health hacks.
- 3. Watermelon is an aphrodisiac: According to recent research studies, watermelon contains substances which have Viagra-like effects. It can enhance blood vessels and may also boost libido.
- One of the reasons some refer to this as lesser-known watermelon benefits male enhancement is because of its viagra effects. Believe it or not, some people swear that they get more male enhancement effects from watermelon than viagra.
One of the watermelon’s many phytonutrients is citrulline which has several beneficial effects, including its ability to relax blood vessels. When the body converts citrulline into L-arginine, the levels of nitric oxide will increase. Thereby leading to the relaxation of blood vessels. The ability to relax blood vessels is what Viagra does to treat or even prevent erectile dysfunction.
We hope you enjoyed our article about 3 things you didn’t know about watermelon, watermelon health hacks.