- Publish Date: 10-11-2017 / 12:32 PM
- Category : General
3 Reasons why you should never keep your wallet in your back pocket. Many people, especially men, have this habit of carrying their wallet in their back pockets. It seems like an entirely harmless thing to do, but there are several reasons why you should quit it.
Yes, I know, we all want our wallet with money and other precious items to be safe with us, but is our back pocket the right place to carry it? Here are reasons why you should never keep your wallet in your back pocket:
Keeping your wallet in your back pocket can cause back pains. Sciatica is a common type of disorder that 70% to 80% of all people experience at some point. Thus, resulting in a kind of pain that typically radiates from the lower back to the buttocks, and then runs through the sciatic nerve, which is at the back of the thigh, lower leg, and foot.
There are various forms of sciatica, wherein some also come together with middle and upper back pains. Sciatica can be chronic sciatica, acute sciatica, bilateral sciatica, and alternating sciatica. Bilateral and alternating are rare but most dangerous because they affect both legs.
Now, enough of the short medical lesson; did you know that you can suffer from this by putting your wallet in your back pocket? Here’s why your wallet gives you back pain
- 1. Back Injury: When your wallet is in your back pocket, you’ll tend to sit on it and therefore, one side of your body will be sitting on a higher level. In short, you are forcing your pelvis and spine out of the correct posture. This is what eventually causes issues with your back, bones, muscles, and your nervous system as well.
- Aside from twisting your spine, this bad posture caused by sitting in your wallet will likely compress the sciatic nerve and cause inflammation. When this occurs, you may experience pain and numbness in your legs that translate to difficulty in walking, sitting, and lying down.
- 2. Easy Picking for pickpockets: Putting your wallet in your back pocket makes it easier to get stolen. Keeping your wallet in your back pocket offers minimal security. It is much easier for pickpockets to steal your wallet from your back pocket. Facing you and trying to remove your wallet from you is much difficult to do.
- Pickpocketers like most thieves are cowards and will not try to steal from you knowing that you will spot him or her. Apparently, you will notice an unwanted hand creeping into your front pocket much easier than in your back pocket. Surely, even professional thieves will hesitate to pick your front pocket.
- 3. Looks awkward and may damage your clothes: Another reason why you should never keep your wallet in your back pocket is simply about fashion. Placing your wallet in your back pocket looks awkward and may ruin your pants or shorts. You may not realize this, but always putting your bulky wallet in your back pocket and then sitting on it can ruin the fabric of your pants or shorts.
- Not only that; having a huge bump at the back of your pants or shorts looks awkward, distracting, and messes up your fashion style.Who would want to experience the mentioned discomforts and inconveniences just because of their wallet, right? Now that you know at least 3 reasons why you should never keep your wallet in your back pocket, it is highly recommended that you avoid doing so, instead, use a man bag or put it in your front pocket instead.
- Back pain, especially lower back pain can be very debilitating. Trust me, you don’t want to suffer from lower back pain especially if you can avoid it. So, avoid at all costs, anything that will harm your back directly or indirectly. Now you know, things you did not know about your wallet.